Thursday 11 April 2013

Everything is free!

At a museum in Novi Sad, Serbia...

Me:         Hi, I'd like a ticket please?
Curator:  Oh, it's free. (Shows me the way into the exhibition space) Please, enjoy the artworks.
Me:         Thanks!

After I'm done with the exhibits, I return to the main lobby and browse postcards at the information desk.

Curator:   (Appears from another room) Please take them, they're free.
Me:          Really?
Curator:   Yes. (smiles)

I pick the cards I want. Then I turn towards the curator..

Me:          OK, so the exhibition was free, and the cards were free..are the paintings in there free too? Can I take one too?
Curator:   (Roars with laughter) Of course! Help yourself!

Collection of Rajko Mamuzić
 It represents works of post-World War II Serbian/Yugoslav painters. it was presented to the city of Novi Sad as a gift in 1972.

2 comments:

  1. and did you take one? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have but he distracted me into leaving the museum quickly to make it to the gallery across the street where, according to him, they have a wider collection of art. :)

    ReplyDelete